Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Visited a book fair in Bangkok

There are 2 major annual book fair events in Bangkok, one in April and the other in October. I just went to the latter one today. Estimated by my eyes, the number of booths might be about 80% of the event in April. As expected, the number of visitors were less than the event in April.  But that is good thing, since I could have more roomy walking space on the aisles to look around. I bought some books at a discount, more than enough compensation for my subway cost.

I also found a booth set up by the parliament. I don't know what they are doing there but the lady there was nice. I received some free books, all published by my tax money. That includes political novels and perhaps the recently controversial winning poetry.  Darn !  I don't like that when they waste my tax money. And the recent news about extravagance of parliamentarians and the speakers make this feeling worse. I meant the news about tens of millions Baht for decoration of the Speaker's office and tens of millions of baht for satellite-linked digital chronograph clocks, for example. Damn !

No comments:

Post a Comment